Hello. My name is Cathy and I am a quote addict.
I collect quotes and mantras and affirmations. My heart skips a beat when I read a passage in a book that truly speaks to me. My eyes widen with awe when I see an inspiring meme as I scroll past photos on my Instagram feed. My soul vibrates in recognition when a powerful truth is uttered on a podcast or video or lecture.
When you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change. – Wayne Dyer
I am a firm believer in the power of words. I am a firm believer that what you tell yourself every day becomes your reality.
Words can break you out of a funky mood or guide you to happier place. (They can also bring you down, if you let them.) As Mike Dooley, best-selling author of Leveraging the Universe says:
Thoughts become things….so choose the good ones!
In a world where we are assailed with messages coming from almost every angle – from media and culture to our circle of friends and family to the voices of doubt and criticism in our own heads, it can be hard to stay focused on the feel-good messages. Something said only once may have touched you so deeply that you now carry it around with you every day of your life. You can choose to let go of the thoughts that don’t hold true anymore. Or the thoughts that deflate you. You can replace them with positive mantras that eventually become your own truth.
Say nice things to yourself – you’re the only one listening. Tell yourself, I am doing the best I can. – Gabrielle Bernstein
Here are my 5 tips for staying grounded in the words that inspire you:
- Write yourself a love note. Take those post-its out of the office and jot down a favorite phrase or quotation that you know for sure will lighten your mood when you see it again. Then stick them to your bathroom mirror or your laptop or your fridge.
- Keep a journal that is filled only with quotes and inspiring words. Then when you are in need of a pick-me-up you can thumb through your journal. Be on the look out from books to Instagram to ads.
- Download a digital wallpaper for your computer or smartphone so that whenever you log on, the words will greet you. (Keep reading to the end of this post for surprise giftie created by me!)
- Buy art or home accessories or fashion with inspiring quotes. From prints to pillows to t-shirts to wall art, it won’t be hard to find something happy-making. For example, I have a number of inspiring embroidery hoop art in my shop with my own favorite mantras. Better yet, commission your favorite artist to create something just for you! I happily take custom orders.
- Search online sites and start collecting your own quotes you love. My fave go-to sources for inspiration:
I hope these tips serve you. I know for me, words help me reach for a higher vibe, move to my happy place or just a give me a temporary respite from a bad day. With each new high-vibe thought I hold onto, I can let go of those low-vibe ones that no longer serve me.
GIFT FOR YOU!
To get you started on your love affair with quotes, I have created a free desktop wall paper of one of my favorite quotes. Enjoy!